“There is no medical evidence to prove that Lucinda Williams, Nanci Griffith and Carrie Rodriguez joined forces to mother a fully grown musician daughter … But if they did, San Diego singer-songwriter Sara Petite would be the likely outcome.” – George Varga, San Diego Union Times.
“She reminds me of a female Johnny Cash” – Jerry Rainey from the Cult band The Beat Farmers
“She can sing a buzzard off of a slop wagon.” – Mojo Nixon, Sirius Outlaw Country Radio
Transplanted to San Diego from a tulip farming town in Washington – and influenced by artists as diverse as Loretta Lynn, Tammy Wynette, Dolly Parton and June Carter to Tom Petty, Bruce Springsteen and John Mellencamp -- Petite has toured all over the U.S. and Europe.
- Petite is a gritty Pollyanna, Minnie Pearl type Bruce Springsteen rocker with an Outlaw-Classic Country style. Raised in a Tulip farming town in Washington she resides in San Diego, CA. A gifted singer-songwriter who possesses the unique ability to reach the hearts and souls of fans young and old. She has the rare gift to craft songs that appeal equally, but are interpreted differently by fans of diverse perspectives. This comes through in her live performances as well. A true original, 's music does not conveniently fit into any one musical genre or sub-category, but rather traces her influences in country, bluegrass, rock and folk, and emerges into a sound completely her own. As welcome in senior citizen centers as she is in biker bars, nightclub venues and festivals, Sara is as American as apple pie and Harley Davidson. She is gritty, she is wild, she is tender with a soul of a child.
Petite has been putting out albums since 2006. Coming Home, a single from her first album Tiger Mountain was in Universal Music of France’s COUNTRY compilation album alongside of artists such Lucinda Williams, Tim McGraw, Reba McEntire and more. The same song also won the Portland songwriting contest that same year. In 2008 she put out her 2nd album Lead the Parade. 2010 Doghouse Rose climbed to #22 on the Americana Charts and #9 on Roots Rock Report. In 2013, Circus Comes to Town came out which was an honest look at a live well lived but full of heartache. She had gone through personal tragedies and was struggling to come out the other side. The title track won her a songwriting award at Merle Fest and for the 4th time she was a finalist in the International Songwriting Contest. Road Less Traveled, her newest CD comes out May 19th. I Will Rise, a song from the album is currently a finalist in the International Songwriting Contest.
- Winner, 4 times, San Diego’s Best Country/Americana Band
- Grand Prize Winner of Portland’s Songwriting Contest
- San Diego Songwriting Contest Winner
- 5 time International Songwriting Finalist
In 2012, Petite won second place in the prestigious Chris Austin Songwriting Contest at Merlefest.
Venues played: Queen Elizabeth Hall, The Stables, House of Blues, The Belly Up, Casbah, Third & Lindsley, Mercy Lounge, Pappy & Harriets, Gator by the Bay, UK Americana Fest, Maverick PR Event, NPR, Outlaw County, BBC, Continental Club, Mucky Duck, Merle Fest
Sara has five CDs; her most recent is Road Less Traveled. Previous releases are Circus Comes to Town, Doghouse Rose, Lead the Parade and Tiger Mountain